You can ship flowers internationally through various means. There are shipping companies that will send flowers to the one you want. There are several options here. For example, you can place your order to the florist and he will contact the shipping company. Thus, your gift will be sent to your loved one. Likewise, you can buy flowers and send them through a company without involving a 3rd party.
However, irrespective of the way that you use to send your gift, you need to wrap it up properly. Flowers are sensitive and need extra care, therefore, their packing should also be done carefully. If you are unable to make so much effort because you don’t have time, there are other options.
Felicita-flowers.com is one of the flower delivery services platforms in Moscow that allow you to choose the bouquet you want to send and they will do all the work. Be sure to check this out. All you need is to pay them for the flowers and the shipment cost. They will do the rest and your loved one will receive your gift on time.
But if you are planning to use the mail service, you have to do the work by yourself. And here are some tips to help you out;
1. Choose the right flowers
The most important thing that you need to do is to make the right choice. Some flowers are too sensitive that they cannot bear high temperatures or extreme weather conditions. So if there is going to be an extreme temperature difference, the flowers won’t be able to withstand it. Therefore, you need to choose the ones that can cross the borders and will remain as fresh as possible.
Who would like to receive a wilted bouquet of flowers? So it is essential that you send flowers that remain fresh for a longer time. Thus, when they reach their destination, the receiver will get something fresh and worth the wait.
If someone loves special flowers that cannot remain fresh for a longer time, you should make the order in their country. There are plenty of florists that work through online platforms. Find a reliable one and place the order. They will deliver the flowers on that very day and with care. Thus, you have the option of choosing any flower you like.
2. Ensure enough moisture
After selecting the flowers, you need to make sure that they don’t get dry before they reach their destination. Therefore, you need to keep them hydrated. So how will you do it?
- One of the ways to do this is using a wet towel. Soak water in water and wrap the stems and bottom part of flowers with this wet towel. This will keep them fresh for a longer time.
- Another way is to dip the bottom part in water. If their destination is too far away, a wet towel won’t be effective enough. So you should dip the ends in water and then put them in a plastic bag with dripping water droplets. A bit of water in the plastic bag would be a good thing. Now tip up this plastic bag with the help of a rubber band.
These methods keep the flowers hydrated until they reach their destination. Thus, the receiver gets a fresh bouquet. But you need to choose the one that can remain fresh for at least 2 days.
3. Pack them properly
After covering the flowers in water, you need to pack them properly. You will need to do this if you are sending them through the mail. Because the shipping company does not know that the parcel needs so much care. They will just place boxes together and it is highly likely that the box will get smashed. This will ultimately cause damage to the petals. Therefore, you should make sure that the box is capable of handling the weight of other boxes.
- Find a lightweight wooden or plastic box. Its height and weight should be similar to the flowers so that you don’t have to cut the stems. Furthermore, it should be tough enough to bear the load while shipping.
- Now line all the sides of this box with a cotton sheet. Afterward, place a paper sheet on the base on top of that cotton sheet. This will protect the flowers during their transportation across the country.
- Now put flowers on this paper sheet and arrange them carefully so they do not overlap each other. Because abrasions can damage the petals. Moreover, make sure that the arrangement remains intact during the trip. You can make a bouquet or tape them neatly. This will make the box look prettier and the flowers won’t get disarranged.
- You have to cover the box now. Place a paper sheet on top of the flowers, you can use butter paper too. Now close the lid and tape it so it won’t open.
- You are all done now. Just wrap up the box and write the address of the receiver and mail them.
4. Use a corrugated box
Another way of shipping plants internationally is through corrugated boxes. Instead of sending flowers, you can send a flower pot or plant. It will remain for a longer time. But only if your loved one likes plants. There are special corrugated boxes that are made especially for shipping plants. They have small partitions that will prevent the petals from rubbing with each other. Thus, there won’t be abrasions on the way.
Flower pots are susceptible to breakage during shipping. However, plants cannot live with their roots exposed. Therefore, the best solution is to use corrugated boxes. But if you want to send flowers, you can also use this box to send flowers. The box will ensure that the flowers remain intact in their arrangement when they reach their destination. Moreover, you can form a bouquet of your own with the compartments of this box.