Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile that makes them look good in pictures. If you do not have the perfect smile, you might not feel confident in public. This is why it is quite common for people to seek treatment for crowding, unsightly gaps, and crooked smiles.
Fortunately, traditional braces are no longer common as Invisalign clear aligners have taken over. Ditch traditional wire braces with Invisalign clear aligners. They are the perfect alternative to traditional braces and are offered by most dentists. This post shares all the information you need to know about Invisalign.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign straightens the teeth without the use of any wires. It is a modern solution that you can rely on for the desired results. The clear aligners are made using clear, smooth plastic that is molded to transform your teeth. You have to wear a new set of aligners every two weeks to straighten your teeth and get that Hollywood smile of your dreams.
How Can You Get Started?
The first thing that you have to do is find out if you are the right candidate for Invisalign. Generally, Invisalign would provide the same results as traditional braces. However, you will need to opt for traditional braces in case of severe re-spacing or straightening. Your dentist will check to ensure whether you should get Invisalign clear aligners or not.
Once the dentist has determined that you are a good fit for the treatment, he or she would create a customized plan. Invisalign clear aligners are made using 3D imaging technology which inspects your smile to find out how the treatment would adjust your teeth with time by making necessary adjustments.
This makes Invisalign a great option as you would immediately know what you can expect before you commit to it. To get started, your dentist would attach fixtures for holding the Invisalign clear aligners. The aligners would be created for each stage.
How Should You Use Invisalign Daily?
A major reason why people consider Invisalign is that nobody would be able to tell if you are even wearing them. They would straighten your teeth throughout the duration. Generally, it is recommended that you wear Invisalign clear aligners every day for 22 hours including when sleeping. However, many treatments wear them for around 20 hours a day. When you get Invisalign, you can take off the aligners in order to eat food, drink certain beverages, and clean your teeth.
As you get to remove the aligners, you get to eat everything you want without having to worry about anything. Now, it is important that smokers and coffee drinkers be careful. Otherwise, the aligners would become yellow and so would your teeth which would make the invisible plastic more visible. In order to avoid this from happening, you must practice proper dental care and restrict cigarette and coffee use.
To review the progress you make, you will have to visit the dentist every 4 to 6 weeks to ensure necessary modifications are also made. Towards the end of the treatment, the fasteners would be removed and your family members would notice just how amazing your teeth look. Thus, you would feel more confident. Since you can remove the aligners, you will be able to keep your teeth clean by flossing and brushing them every day. It would also help avoid cavities.
Invisalign Vs Traditional Braces
According to mydentistsanfrancisco.com, here are the differences between Invisalign and traditional braces.
- Visibility: One of the best things about Invisalign is that it is invisible unlike braces which are impossible to overlook. If you want to ensure that nobody can tell if you are wearing anything over your teeth, you need to opt for clear aligners.
- Comfort: Another great thing about Invisalign is that it is a much more comfortable option. Although you might experience mild discomfort initially, you will find the clear aligners to be a lot more comfortable in comparison to traditional braces which cause abrasions and make it difficult to eat.
- Removable: Invisalign clear aligners can be taken off whenever you want. Although you need to wear them around 20 to 22 hours a day, you have the option to remove them to eat your favorite meals and for improved dental care.
- Cost: When deciding which dental treatment to opt for, cost is something that you have to consider. Typically, Invisalign costs more money than traditional braces. However, the dentist might be able to provide discounts.
- Severe Cases: Even though Invisalign is suitable for many people, traditional braces would be recommended in severe cases. The dentist would determine if you can use the clear aligners or not.
- Lifestyle: Personal habits go a long way in influencing whether to get Invisalign clear aligners or traditional braces. If you want to opt for Invisalign, you will need to restrict the consumption of red wine and coffee consumption. In addition to this, you would also need to smoke less. Otherwise, the aligners would become stained.
- Duration: Lastly, you also have to think about how long it would take for your teeth to get straightened. As everyone has different teeth, the amount of time it would take for clear aligners or traditional braces to provide results varies. However, Invisalign works like magic and provides results within as little as 12 months. But, if you want to address complicated issues such as crowding or gaps, it would take much longer. You can shorten the time period of wearing them more.
Anyone can get Invisalign. It does not matter how old you might be as it provides outstanding results to everyone. Forget about any embarrassing moments when you opt for Invisalign to straighten your teeth. Whether you have a full-time job or are still in high school, you should get clear aligners to ensure that you do not feel uncomfortable in front of others. Therefore, if you are interested in getting Invisalign clear aligners, all you have to do is reach out to the dentist to book a consultation.