These days, eCommerce store owners start paying more and more attention to the design of their websites. Both CEOs of large enterprise corporations and small business owners put much money, effort, and time into the web design of their Internet stores.
The main reason for this is that a well-thought-out design might have a strong influence on your website visitors, making them want to buy from you. And vice versa, a poor and tasteless website design may discourage your potential customers from making a purchase in your online store.
But what should you do to create an attractive e-Commerce design for your website? And what are the hottest web design trends? Well, professional web designers have already defined the main tendencies of a website’s design elements in 2022.
Want to know what they are? Keep reading this article to figure out the importance of having a good website and take a look at the latest eCommerce web design trends, such as interactive shopping experiences, personalization, and more.
- 1 The Importance of a Good eCommerce Website in 2022
- 2 Do I Need a Website in 2022?
- 3 What Makes a Good Website in 2022?
- 4 What Are the Latest Web Design Trends?
The Importance of a Good eCommerce Website in 2022
Before talking about the main trends of e-Commerce websites, it is essential to discuss the general importance of having an eCommerce site these days. It might sound surprising, but there are still some owners of offline businesses who are not sure whether they need to have a website.
So, let’s briefly check why your business has a very low chance to either become or remain successful without a properly developed website in 2022.
Do I Need a Website in 2022?
Since we are living in a highly digitalized world where a lot of activities like studying, traveling, or shopping might be done in front of your computer screen, having a website that would represent your business online is no longer “an option” but rather “a must.”
Moreover, the lockdown that occurred due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic made the world even more digitized. Constant visitors of local shops were forced to turn into online shoppers, while salesmen in those local shops had to become online retailers.
So, you definitely need a website in 2022 if you want to either stay afloat or boost your business. Here are the benefits you might achieve from owning a site nowadays:
- A website boosts the credibility of your business;
- It strengthens your brand personality and assists you in expressing it;
- Your online presence allows your potential customers to get to know about you while looking for a way to satisfy their needs in search engines;
As you can see, a website might become a powerful promoter of your business these days. Thus, it is vital to create highly functional, intuitive, and good-looking web pages if you want to gain new customers.
But how do you do it? What are the elements that make your website “good”? Let’s figure it out!
What Makes a Good Website in 2022?
So, what constitutes a good website in 2022? Well, go through this check-list of important elements of an attractive and “selling” website:
- Relevant content: Let your website content be simple, creative, and informative. As well, make sure that it loads quickly, as the smart content load is vital to your website’s success nowadays;
- Carefully formed digital marketing strategy: Due to the enormous competition between online businesses, thoroughly think of your website’s SEO to rank higher in Google;
- Clever navigation: Think of intuitive navigation across your website. This way, your customers will find the solutions they are looking for easier;
- Website design: Last but not least, pay attention to the design of your online business as it impacts your potential customers much more than you can imagine.
Each of the above-mentioned elements has a great impact on your website’s success. However, since this article primarily deals with e-Commerce design trends, let’s talk about them in detail.
What Are the Latest Web Design Trends?
No matter whether you prefer traditional web design or want to create an alternative one, pay attention to the latest trends in e-Commerce design in order to make your website look more attractive.
So, check the newest tendencies in the design of eCommerce websites that are mentioned below and put them into practice when working on your online business.
1. A Mobile-First Approach
While desktop computers gradually lose their popularity, mobile devices become more and more advanced in 2022. Therefore, it is essential to make your website convenient for smartphone users by working on its “mobile-first” design.
Thus, make sure that your website has smooth page transitions and properly displayed images when opened from a mobile device and improve accessibility of your online store as much as possible.
The interactive shopping experience is one more necessary element of a website that sells, as it creates a much more enjoyable user experience for your potential customers.
So, diversifying the customer experience of your website’s visitors by including micro-interactions and other activities would be an awesome idea.
3. AR, AI, and Chatbots
Since augmented reality and artificial intelligence continues to develop rapidly, having an intelligent chatbot on your website is one more 2022 design trend.
Apart from being trendy, a chatbot could also save your time and energy by assisting your potential customers in finding answers to their questions.
4. Visuality: Colors, Fonts, and Animations
Speaking about the visual elements of your website’s graphic design, simplicity and minimalism remain vital here. Thus, try creating an accessible and flat design in your website’s design process.
As well, pay attention to the following color tendencies:
- Use either bright and bold colors or pastel and muted colors;
- Try a color-less design;
- Create a dark mode for your landing pages (By the way, dark mode is a great example of the trendiest design solutions nowadays).
Moreover, concentrate on typography trends that are mentioned below:
- Retro fonts that help you create a typography-based design;
- Usage of either bold typography or vintage typography;
- Application of white space technique.
On top of that, make use of the following animations:
- 3D modeling;
- Micro animation (Remember that micro animations are at the pick of their popularity these days).
- Finally, include other graphical elements in your website, namely:
- Gaussian blur;
- Cartoon illustrations;
- Custom cursors;
- Asymmetry as opposition to straight lines.
Thus, the application of the above-mentioned design elements on your website might drastically boost its visuality.
5. Product Gallery
The creation of multi-product galleries is also an essential e-Commerce trend in 2022. Therefore, create a product gallery that would include product pages with unconventional layouts and shortly described product features to boost the success of your website.
As well, try displaying a different image of your products each time your potential customers look at your website instead of one single hero image on your main webpage.
One more essential thing to include in your web design is the creation of a personalized experience for your customers. These personalized experiences will definitely help your customers to stay involved in the navigation across your website and won’t allow them to lose focus.
A Bottom Line
All in all, not only a web designer but also every person that chases a successful online business should keep an eye on web design trends in 2022. Therefore, make use of the latest tendencies in contemporary e-Commerce design listed in this article and boost your business website! For more details check Intltech.com