For years, weed has been demonized by the government and society at large. But in recent years, there’s been a shift in public opinion. With more and more states legalizing marijuana, people are beginning to see it in a different light.
And while there are still many people who believe that weed is nothing more than a drug that will make you lazy and unmotivated, there is a growing number of people who believe that it can actually have some benefits.
One group of people who believe this is skateboarders. Skate culture has always had a close association with weed, and many skaters believe that smoking weed can actually make them better at skateboarding. In this blog post, we’ll explore the idea of whether or not weed can make you a better skater.
The Different Types of Skaters
Different types of skaters have different stoner styles. When it comes to smoking weed, some skate all day high, while others like to enjoy a joint before skating. Some use cannabis as a post-skate relaxant while others find that it doesn’t really help them skating at all.
– Vert skaters are the type of skaters that go big or go home. They skate in half pipes and love doing airs. When it comes to smoking weed, they’re usually pretty chill about it. Many vert skaters find that smoking a joint before skating helps them get in the zone and do their best skating.
– Street skaters are the type of skaters that do tricks on ledges, stairs, and rails. They’re often considered the more rebellious type of skater. When it comes to smoking weed, street skaters are often down for smoking a joint before skating. They find that it helps them concentrate on their tricks and land them more cleanly. Gelonade strain is, for example, a perfect strain for street skating.
– Downhill skaters love going fast and bombing hills. For them, smoking weed is often more about relaxing after a long day of skating than it is about getting high before skating. Many downhill skaters find that cannabis helps ease their muscles after a long day of skating and downhill racing.
The Pros of Weed for Skaters
Weed has been shown to have a number of benefits for skaters.
– First, it can improve balance and coordination. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology found that people who used weed had better balance and coordination than those who didn’t use it.
– It can help with pain relief. Many skaters suffer from chronic pain due to the high-impact nature of the sport. Cannabis has been shown to be an effective pain reliever, both in the short-term and long-term.
– It can improve your focus and concentration. This is especially beneficial for skaters who are trying to learn new tricks or perfect their technique. The increased focus and concentration can help you stay on your board and land those tricks.
– Cannabis can increase your stamina and endurance. This is helpful for skaters who want to skate for longer periods of time or skate more difficult routes.
– Finally, marijuana use can decrease anxiety levels. Skating can be a very stressful activity, both mentally and physically. For some skaters, anxiety can be a major barrier to progress. Cannabis has been shown to reduce anxiety levels in general, which can help skaters feel more relaxed and comfortable while skating.
So, can weed make you a better skater? The answer is… yes. Weed can certainly help you relax and focus, which may in turn help you skate better.
However, it’s important to remember that everyone reacts differently to weed, so it’s always best to start with small amounts and see how you feel. And of course, don’t forget to practice – no matter how much weed you smoke, if you don’t put in the hours on your board, you’re not going to get very far!